Christmas Planning - Eight Weeks & Counting
photo by Sister72
Just over 8 weeks to Christmas - are you making your list & checking it twice? I don't mind telling you - while I didn't get 100% of my list accomplished this past week, I did make good progress and with that I am very happy! In reflecting this past weekend, it absolutely astounds me that it's still Oct and I am making significant progress towards my family having a peaceful Christmas this year - definitely not the typical me! :)
If you haven't gotten started yet - don't fret - it's not too late! Grab a piece of paper and start jotting down a list - what do you want Christmas to look like for your family this year? What do you need to do to make that happen? How can you break it down over the next 8 weeks to make it doable? Progress today = accomplishment for tomorrow...jump in & get started! Christmas is coming, ready or not!
- gift list made - several gifts purchased (6 more this week!)
- holiday budget tweaked
- purchased replacement Christmas tree lights (that we hope we don't need) LOL
- purchased gift cards & World Vision gifts on Christmas list
- moved Trigger downstairs
Christmas Goals 10/27-11/2
- work on Christmas card list (oops - never got to this one last week!)
- put tree up on Sat - (we love the lights on the tree, so we often put it up around the beginning of Nov and enjoy it with just lights until we decorate after Thanksgiving - just seems to make Nov a little more homey & festive)
- gather Christmas craft supplies
- design Christmas tee for W & A
- transfer Christmas Club $$ into Savings Account so that it doesn't get mixed into regular spending
- keep an eye on Craig's List for one possible present
- get recipe for Fruit Cake cookies from MaMa
- check wrapping supplies - what needs restocking?
- Christmas card pic
- Christmas stamps
- think through decorations
- think through Christmas "schedule"
- Christmas dish towels
So what do you say - are you ready to get started this week? or have you already? Let me know - I'd love to hear how your Christmas plan is coming!