Christmas Planning - 1 Week & Counting
Photo by krisdecurtis
Man are the days flying by! It blew me away yesterday morning at church to realize that next Sunday, the 21st is our big Christmas service! Wow is December moving right along!!!
Christmas Goals 12/15 -12/21
- relax & not sweat anything...haven't been super happy with any potential Christmas card pics, and that may mean that we forgo cards this year... I haven't completely made my mind up yet, but I'm just not going to let it stress me out! That, I do know!
- a little stitching left to do
- gift list made - several gifts purchased
- holiday budget tweaked
- purchased replacement Christmas tree lights (that we unfortunately did need) LOL
- purchased gift cards & World Vision gifts on Christmas list
- moved Trigger downstairs
- work on Christmas card list - finally (though it will probably still have some tweaks!)
- tree up - burnt out lights replaced (and replaced & replaced)
- gather Christmas craft supplies - partial
- transfer Christmas Club $$ into Savings Account so that it doesn't get mixed into regular spending
- get recipe for Fruit Cake cookies from MaMa
- check wrapping supplies
- design Christmas tee for W & A - stitched and done!
- one possible Christmas pic - may try again this week...not sure yet
- tree decorated, stockings hung
- found present I was looking for on Craig's List @ Sam's on mega clearance - woo hoo!
- outside decorations up
- wrapping in progress - I only have 1 thing that we have purchased not wrapped - yea!
- amazon order
From here on out, my goal is really to just enjoy the season...we'll probably do a little impromptu baking around the house, hope to see some nice Christmas lights on an evening or two, watch a few Christmas movies, keep the house straightened up...mostly just enjoy Christmas and all the great family time around it!
We are privileged to serve at an amazing church and we'll hold 3 services at our Greenville campus on Sun the 21st - both Brad and I are pumped to get to be a part of it and to help make it easier for people to meet Jesus that day. It just doesn't get better than that!